In this pithy animation and description, author and former product development executive Jim Morgan explains what an LPPD system is and how it consistently delivers profitable value streams and great products that customers love.
After you watch it, make plans for you and your team to join early adopters of LPPD from industrial and service companies at the 2nd annual Designing the Future Summit, June 27- 28, 2019, in Traverse City, MI: https://www.lean.org/designfuture2019 MI: https://www.lean.org/designfuture2019
Like last year’s inaugural conference, the 2019 summit will go beyond broad generalizations “to be innovative” and dig into concrete LPPD practices that are creating new products and services with speed, precision, and exceptional quality.
Plenary speakers include:
• Tyler Schilling, president of TechnipFMC Schilling Robotics, and Andy Houk, vice president of product development;
• Frank Paluch, executive vice president of Honda’s North American manufacturing operation, who spent five years as president of Honda’s R&D facilities in North America;
• David Crawley, a founder of startup Ubiquity Robotics and former head of strategic initiatives at Cypress semiconductor;
• Susan DeSandre, a former senior executive at Apple and Ford.
• Steve Shoemaker, general manager of engineering for Caterpillar’s Earthmoving Division;
• Andi Plantenberg, principle, FutureTight and a mentor to Silicon Valley startups, will give you the trade-craft for knowing when it’s time to kill an idea – and when to keep it going for a prosperous future.
• Jim Morgan, senior advisor and founder of Lean Product and Process Development at the nonprofit Lean Enterprise Institute (LEI) and co-author of Designing the Future, and The Toyota Product Development System will explain why product development is a natural and powerful leverage point for transforming the entire organization. Previously, he was a global engineering director at Ford during the product-led revitalization under CEO, Alan Mulally.
• Jim Womack, LEI’s founding CEO, co-author of Lean Thinking and Machine That Changed the World, and author of Gemba Walks, will explore “Re-Thinking Value Creation in Product and Process Development” for a world in which customers often seek a solution to a complex problem involving many products rather than a single product.
Breakout sessions and workshops include:
• Giving Users a Voice in UX Design;
• Industry Revolution Pulled by Lean Product and Process Development;
• Managing Product Development in Healthcare with Visual Management (Obeya);
• Set-Based Concurrent Engineering;
• Visible Knowledge;
• Craft Beer Game: Leading the Innovation Pipeline;
• How to Develop New Value with the A3 Process;
• Lean Process Creation: Why Developing a Product that Customers Actually; Want Requires a Great Process to Produce and Deliver It.
For the complete agenda and to register go to https://www.lean.org/designfuture2019
Lean Product and Process Development is a powerful system based on lean management principles for developing new products or services concurrently with the processes needed to make and deliver them profitably.
The LPPD Learning Group is a unique co-learning partnership of design and product development leaders from diverse companies that want to dramatically improve how they develop products and services. This select group has demonstrated executive commitment to lean transformations, an enthusiasm for collaborative learning, and a willingness to share the results with the global lean community. Learn more about the group at lean.org/leanpd/
Get practical insights from Jim Morgan every month when you sign up for his free eletter (subscriber info is never shared, sold, or swapped) -- https://www.lean.org/leanpd/subscribe/
Lean Enterprise Institute, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit training, publishing, and research organization based in Boston, MA, with a mission to makes things better through lean thinking and practice to create more value and prosperity while consuming the fewest possible resources. Founded in 1997 by management expert James P. Womack, PhD, LEI conducts research, teaches educational workshops, publishes books and ebooks, runs conferences, and shares practical information about lean thinking and practice. Visit LEI at lean.org to learn more.