Join us as we visit Lviv, Ukraine in this travel guide covering the top things to do in the city in terms of attractions. Lviv city (Львів) has a very different feel from Kiev and we found ourselves enjoying wandering around and getting lost in the historic city centre, sipping on cafes and eating both traditional Ukrainian meals as well as International Food. Come find out what makes Lviv a must-stop destination for those traveling in Ukraine.
20 Things to do in Lviv City Tour | Ukraine Travel Guide:
Intro - 00:01
1) Post Office Cafe for breakfast in the Old Town (Poshta na Drukarskiy) - 00:31
2) Armenian Cathedral Armenian Cathedral of the Assumption of Mary (Armenian: Հայկական տաճար, Ukrainian: Вірменський собор, Polish: Katedra ormiańska) - 01:11
3) Transfiguration Church (Преображенська церква) - 01:33
4) Dominican church and monastery (Church of Holy Communion - Домініканський костел і монастир) - 01:51
5) Used Books Market - 02:15
6) Ukrainian Orthodox Dormition Church (Успенська церква) - 02:44
7) Bell Tower at Lviv Town Hall for views of Lviv city- 03:03
8) International food scene in Lviv eating Sushi at yaponaHata - 04:09
9) Bernardine Church - 05:17
10) Latin Cathedral (Лати́нський собо́р - Katedra Łacińska) - 05:25
11) Jesuit Church - 05:29
12) Souvenir Market in Lviv for shopping - 06:11
13) Lviv Theatre of Opera and Ballet (Львівська оперa - Opera Lwowska) - 06:21
14) Traditional Ukrainian Food at Seven Piggies (Сім поросят) - 06:30
15) Lviv Historical Museum - 08:13
16) Weaponry Museum at Lviv Arsenal - 08:50
17) Lviv Cat Cafe - 09:00
18) Toy Alley at Yard of Lost Toys - 10:23
19) Lviv Castle Hill or Lviv High Castle (Високий замок - Замкова гора - Wysoki Zamek) for the best views of Lviv - 10:41
20) Tram ride around Lviv (Львівський Трамвай) for transportation - 10:56
Outro - 11:11
Alternate spellings of Lviv (Львів) aside from Ukrainian:
Lvov Львов (Russian)
GEAR WE USE
Olympus OM-D E-M5 II: http://amzn.to/1OchS7t
Canon G7X: http://amzn.to/1YdjsYX
Olympus 14-150mm II Lens: http://amzn.to/1Y79zeM
Rode Video Mic GO: http://amzn.to/1WDKtVM
Joby Gorilla Pod: http://amzn.to/1PgoY5F
SanDisk 16GB Extreme Pro: http://amzn.to/25KEErs
SOCIAL MEDIA & TRAVEL BLOGS
Our visit Lviv travel guide documentary covers some of the top attractions including a food guide (both local and international), top sightseeing tourist attractions and the city by day including visiting neighborhoods, churches, cathedrals, the city centre and museums. We also cover off-the-beaten-path outdoor activities you won't find in a typical Lviv tourism brochure, Lviv itinerary or Lviv, Ukraine city tour.
20 Things to do in Lviv, Ukraine Travel Guide Video Script:
Today’s video is all about our visit to Lviv. Having come straight from Kiev, Lviv offered a real change of scenery. The city was much smaller, more walkable, and it looked distinctly Central European. In some ways, it reminded us of a smaller version of Krakow or Prague, though a little rough around the edges. But enough about first impressions; let us actually show you around. In this video we’re going to take you on a grand tour of the city and highlight 20 things to do in Lviv on your next visit, so let’s get started.
Like in Kiev, we quickly discovered that Lviv is a city of churches, so our next stop was the Church of the Holy Communion. After our sushi lunch, we visited the Bernardine Church in the south end of the Old Town; followed by the Latin Cathedral, which sits in the southwest corner of Market Square; and finally the Jesuit Church, where we stumbled upon yet another wedding!
And that’s a wrap for our visit to Lviv, Ukraine. We found this to be a charming city with a completely different look and feel from Kiev, so we’re glad we added this stop to our itinerary. If you’re short on time, this is a great destination for a weekend escape.
If you have any other suggestions of cool things to do around Lviv, feel free to share those with fellow travellers in the comments below. Wishing you happy travels!
This is part of our Travel in Ukraine video series showcasing Ukrainian food, Ukrainian culture and Ukrainian cuisine.
Music by Simon More: https://soundcloud.com/user-73416670