My favorite drone video gear: https://kit.com/whoismatt/drone-gear-for-wedding-filmmakers
🎥My favorite Mavic Pro picture profile: D-Log 0, -1,-1 (unless I'm filming in a high-dynamic-range scenario, then I want my sharpness set to +1.
Other settings that I use in the DJI Go App:
- Record in Manual
- Record in the MP4 Video Format
- Record in 4K at 30fps, conformed in post to 24fps.
- Record at 1/60th shutter speed by using Polar Pro's Cinema Series Vivid Collection of ND Filters with Polarizers (which you can buy on Amazon at: http://amzn.to/2qxHX78)
- Turn the Over Exposure Warning (aka Zebras) ON, and make sure no parts of my video are overexposed.
- Monitor the EV Meter and try to ALWAYS keep my exposure at 0.0 or slightly above at .3 or .7, never under 0.0 (note that this is bugged in my current version of the firmware and the EV does not work, so I monitor my zebras instead and film with my footage just below where the zebras start to appear, almost over-exposed.)
- Manually set my White Balance using the "Custom" option and dialing in the exact Kelvin value. In most daylight/partly cloudy situations this is at 7,000K.
- Keep my ISO at 100 if possible.
❓If you are wondering why I use these settings, please watch the video, because two-thirds of it is dedicated to explaining why I use them. :)
As promised in my Mavic Pro Review video (which you can watch here: https://youtu.be/JBXuAGK4VNE), I'm excited to share with you my favorite picture profile for the Mavic Pro. This is the exact picture profile that I use for filming weddings, travel videos, and any other professional shoots. With a bit of color grading, I find that it can result in some beautiful footage shot with this tiny drone.
In the future, I plan on bringing you a video dedicated to exactly how I use Adobe Premiere Pro to color grade the footage shot with this exact picture profile, and how I use LUTs with it as well.
🚁You can watch my Mavic Pro video review here: https://youtu.be/JBXuAGK4VNE
Edited using Adobe Premiere Pro. Download a free 7-day trial at: http://bit.ly/premierepro_trial
And if you want to keep up with my Iceland photos, videos, and other behind-the-scenes stuff, follow me on Instagram at http://www.instagram.com/whoismatt
I also post a ton of video related things to my Facebook Page at http://www.facebook.com/whoismattcom
Please be sure to check out Matt (of The Film Poets) video about Mavic sharpness settings at: https://youtu.be/ZEQvOAsY6ks
INSANE lowlight main camera: http://geni.us/BphV7W
My favorite wide angle lens: http://geni.us/YwGvT
The lens that is on my camera 80% of the time: http://geni.us/YGFQQh
Killer ND filter/adapter for these lenses: http://geni.us/h5328u
Best drone ever: http://geni.us/lkb8m
Filters for the best drone ever: http://geni.us/polarpromavic2
Mega comfy shoulder bag: http://geni.us/zJA7s42
BEEFY electronic gimbal: http://geni.us/o4rj6
Fantastic video monopod: http://geni.us/Q6Hqz
Ridiculously tiny audio recorder and mic: http://geni.us/dr10ltrecorder
Prism for fancy in-camera effects: http://geni.us/9C9X
FAST video editing laptop: http://geni.us/i8B4
Indestructible camera case: http://geni.us/ZKSeHZ
Light & sturdy travel tripod: http://geni.us/hTtdPP4
Portable LED Lighting Kit: http://geni.us/sCUsvs1
🤓I am also now offering one-on-one personal filmmaker consulting! Wanna talk about cameras, lighting, or booking clients? Let's do it! http://whoismatt.com/consulting
Music licensing sites I recommend:
🎧 Sound Stripe - http://bit.ly/sound_stripe (use the coupon code "WHOISMATT" for 10% off a yearly or monthly subscription!)
🎷 ART LIST - http://geni.us/artlistmusic (free extra 2-months when you subscribe using this link!)
🎵 Musicbed - http://geni.us/musicbed (signup for Membership for unlimited downloads!)
🎤 Filmstro - http://bit.ly/filmstro (use the coupon code "WHOISMATT20_ANN" for 20% off all yearly licenses)
SEND STUFF TO:
2177 Buckingham Road #553
Richardson, TX 75081
I’m required to state that I'm a part of affiliate programs for Amazon, B&H, SoundStripe, ArtList, Filmstro, and Kit - AKA - I make a bit of $$ when you click on those links in my video descriptions. It costs you nothing, and helps me grow my beard. :)