10 Cute Facts about Babies, Baby things you didn't know about
Watch our Baby Video for all the Adorable, Interesting, Fun, Cute Facts about Infants You Didn't know
Sugar Facts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vti4Wm8Rnu0
LSD Facts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3NeYRO_E6o
Ice Facts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6o07ucmwYY
Money Facts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSf9dU_8ihw
Cat Facts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QquU4RxkjhM
Bet You Didn't Know Babies Edition!
1.Pound for Pound, a baby is as strong as an ox! In fact, the grasp of a newborn baby is so strong that its whole body can hang in mid air with its bent fingers supporting its weight!
2.Babies are born with natural swimming abilities and can hold their breath. However, this ability quickly disappears.
3. A baby has around 10,000 taste buds, wayy more than adults. They actually have taste buds on their tongues as well as on the sides, back, and roof of their mouths!
4. The inner ear is the only sense organ to develop fully before birth. It actually reaches its adult size by the middle of pregnancy. And, a baby can recognize the smell and voice of its mother at birth, but it takes a few weeks before a baby can see the difference between its mother and other adults, and babies typically prefer a female voice over a male voice, which is why people raise the pitch of their voice when talking to babies!
5. At around 6 months old, a baby learns that each object is unique, and babies become self aware around 12 months old!
6. A newborn baby’s eyes are 75% of their adult size. But its vision is around 20/400. By six months, a baby’s vision should reach 20/20. Newborns can see best at a distance of only 8-14 inches, and until they are about three months old, they see best in their peripheral vision.
7. The sleep cycle of a baby is very different from an adult. Adult sleep cycles (going from light to deep sleep, and then back to light sleep) lasts an average of 90 minutes. Infant sleep cycles are shorter, lasting 50 to 60 minutes, so they experience a vulnerable period for night waking around every hour. AND Over a 24-hour period, the average newborn sleeps for 16 hours, probably in blocks of about two hours in the daytime, and four to six hours at night.
8. At all stages, the male brain is slightly larger than that of the female. But, Brain scans reveal that male babies have more asymmetrical brain hemispheres than female babies, and that female brains tend to have greater symmetry in the part of the brain concerned with complex mental processes. Female babies have more gray matter in the newer parts of the cerebral cortex, while male babies have proportionately more gray matter in the older, more primitive parts of the brain.
9. Newborn Babies can't cry. They can scream and holler for what they want or need, but newborns can’t technically cry. Tears can’t actually be created or released until about three weeks in!
10. Breast milk can be good for adults too! If you can stomach the taste along with the knowledge of where it came from, the milk may be of use for combating serious diseases, such as HPV and Crohne's disease
Be sure to Subscribe to "BetUDidntKnow" for more amazing and interesting facts that you didn't know.
Follow us on facebook: